1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup
2 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
- For BREAD: Heat sour cream over low heat.
- Stir in sugar, salt and butter; cool to lukewarm.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in large bowl until dissolved.
- Add sour cream mixture, eggs, flour, and mix well.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- For FILLING: Mix well.
- Divide dough from the day before into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part on a floured surface to an 8x12 inch rectangle.
- Spread one quarter of the filling on each rectangle, and roll jelly roll style beginning at the long side.
- Pinch edges together and fold ends under slightly.
- Place rolls seam side down on greased baking sheets.
- Slit each roll at 2-inch intervals to resemble braid.
- Cover and let rise 1 hour, in a warm place until dough doubles in bulk.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Spread with glaze while warm.