packed light brown sugar
14 ounces cans
( more or less, depending on how thick you like your fruit layer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan, and line with foil or parchment paper.
- Lightly grease paper/foil (I use cooking spray) Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of the crust mixture into the prepared pan.
- Slice the guava paste into enough pieces to cover the crust within 1/4 inch of the edge, and place in pan.
- Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over guava paste layer, and lightly press down with the back of a fork or spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in preheated oven, or until crust is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into 16-24 bars (depending on the size bars you cut).