1 1/2 cups
active dry yeast
- Mix together warm water, yeast and sugar and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine yeast mixture with oil, salt and 2 cups of the flour.
- Stir well to combine.
- Stir in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly oil a large bowl and place dough in and turn to coat with oil.
- Cover with cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough and turn out onto floured surface.
- Divide dough into 16 equal pieces and form into rounds.
- Place rolls onto lightly greased baking sheet at least 2" apart.
- Cover rolls with cloth and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake rolls for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.