2 1/2 cups
apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a roasting pan with heavy duty tin foil, with extra on the sides.
- Add brisket.
- Salt on both sides and prick on both sides.
- Roast for 1 hour; remove from oven, drain fat.
- Lower oven to 350°F.
- Mix apple juice, honey and spices, pour over brisket, cover tightly with foil, return to oven cook 2 hours.
- Remove brisket to platter.
- Pour cooking juices into a saucepan, add apple and raisins, bring to a boil lower to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until apples are tender, about 5-8 minutes slice brisket against the grain, spoon sauce over.