boneless skinless chicken breasts
dried shiitake mushrooms
cilantro, for garnish
- Cut the chicken breast into thin slices.
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in lukewarm water until soft.
- Cut off hard stems and cut in halves.
- Cut onion into thin slices.
- Chop cilantro.
- In a large skillet with a lid, mix all the simmering sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, mushrooms and onion and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is done and onion is tender.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl, then pour over the chicken and cover with a lid.
- Cook until the egg is set, about 1 minute on low heat.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- To serve: put about 1 1/4 cup of rice in a large, deep bowl and gently lay 1/4 of the chicken and egg mixture on top.
- Pour simmering sauce over and serve immediately.