1 1/2 lbs
chicken breasts, cut into cubes
( from the orange, but add more if you don't get 3/4 c.)
Thai sweet chili sauce
( or bottled chili paste)
( you can substitute white wine, but add more sugar)
cloves crushed garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons
minced fresh ginger
- Halve the peppers, remove the ribs and seeds, and cut into strips.
- Using vegetable peeler, remove the rind (orange part only) from the orange.
- Cut the rind into very thin julienne strips about 3 inches long.
- Squeeze the orange.
- Add more frozen juice if necessary to make 3/4 cup.
- In a bowl, combine orange juice, chili sauce, sherry, sugar, and cornstarch.Stir until smooth
- In wok, heat oil over high heat and stir-fry chicken until browned and cooked through.
- Remove chicken.
- Add orange rind, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add peppers and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chili sauce mixture and return the chicken to the wok.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened.