2 -3 tablespoons
2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (ie parsley, chives, thyme, sage) or 2 -3 teaspoons
dried herbs, of your choice
grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons
- Preheat over 425°F.
- Peel potatoes, if the skin is too tough, otherwise just scrub and rinse them.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices, but NOT all the way through. (Place a handle of a spoon or table knife along-side the potato to prevent the knife from slicing all the way.)
- Put Potatoes in a baking dish; slightly fan out the slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake potatoes (425 F) for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake potatoes for another 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft inside.
- Check for doneness with a fork or skewer.