light vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice each potato lengthwise into 1/4-inch ovals, then slice each ovallengthwise into matchsticks (i use a mandoline which makes this go much quicker).
- Coat a baking sheet with 3 sprays of the vegetable oil.
- Combine the egg whites and cajun spice in a bowl.
- Add the matchstick potatoes and mix to coat.
- Pour the coated potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer, leaving a little space between them.
- Place the baking sheet on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the fries are crispy, turning them every 6 to 8 minutes with a spatula so that they brown evenly.
- Serve immediately.