diced green bell pepper
garlic cloves, pressed
( or less)
( bottle or canned)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sauté green bell pepper, onions, mushrooms until limp.
- Mix ground beef with sautéed veggies, egg, pepperoni, and seasonings.
- Press half the mixture into loaf pan.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup pizza sauce over beef, top with thick (1/4 inch) slices cheese.
- Top with the rest of the ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour off liquid.
- Top with remaining pizza sauce and more cheese.
- Return to oven for additional 30 minutes.