pasta, of your choice
1 (5 ounce) packages
herbed feta cheese
1 (3 ounce) jars
( in a cello bag or oil-packed)
2 -3 tablespoons
chopped fresh basil
( or 2 tsp dried basil)
1/3 cup chopped toasted pine nuts (optional) or 1/3 cup pecans (optional) or 1/3 cup
- Boil pasta in salted water.
- Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Set aside.
- Put oil in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Crush garlic and place in oil.
- In a separate bowl, break up feta cheese until it's crumbly.
- Add enough pasta water to make it into a lumpy mixture.
- Place in serving dish.
- Chop or cut sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces and add to the cheese.
- Mix in toasted pine nuts, pecans or walnuts.
- Wet pasta with some of the reserved water and add to the mixture.
- Toss well.
- Top with basil.