8 ounces medium egg noodles or 8 ounces
wide egg noodles, cooked
1 1/4 cups heavy cream or 1 1/4 cups
fresh sliced mushrooms
1 1/4 cups
grated parmesan cheese
course black pepper
( don't use cooking sherry)
shredded cooked chicken breasts
chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter 3 qt, oven proof casserole.
- In saucepan, melt butter and saute mushrooms until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Blend in flour, 3/4 c cheese and chicken broth.
- Cook until smooth and thick.
- Add seasonings, except parsley.
- Remove from heat and blend in cream and sherry.
- Add shredded chicken and cooked noodles.
- Pour into dish and top with bread crumbs, parsley and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes.
- Brown crumbs under broiler if necessary.
- You may want to adjust the liquids a bit if you prefer a creamier sauce.