pork rib rack
garlic clove, minced
1 ml basil or 1 ml
salt and pepper
- The rack of pork should be cut from the loin portion of the ribs, with the ends of the bones exposed.
- Melt the butter, combine with approximately 1/4 cup of maple syrup and add the garlic and basil (or rosemary).
- Brush the top of the roast with this mixture.
- Place the meat in the bottom of a dripping pan with the remainder of the maple syrup and roast in the oven at 200 C (400 F), counting 10 min for each pound of meat.
- Baste every 15 minutes with the maple syrup and meat juices.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with maple gravy made from the drippings.