1 1/4 cups
white bread flour
( cereal bits)
1 1/2 tablespoons
2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons
active dry yeast
- Combine according to your manufacturer's directions using the dough or manual cycle.
- Remove dough from the machine after the dough or manual cycle is completed.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Divide into 12 portions.
- Shape each into a ball, then press into 4" circles about 3/4" high.
- Grease baking sheet and sprinkle with half the oat bran, then place muffins 2" apart.
- Spritz with water and sprinkle with remaining bran.
- Let rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Grease electric skillet or griddle and preheat to 325 degrees.
- or medium heat.
- Carefully place muffins in skillet, then cook about 6 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Success Hints: For Raisin Muffins, add 1/3 cup of raisins and 2/3 tsp of cinnamon.