2 1/2 lbs
yellow onion, chopped
kaffir lime leaves, sliced
1 -2 cup
( tender white part only)
1 teaspoon salt or 1 tablespoon
Thai fish sauce
1 oranges, zest of or 1 grapefruits or 1 lemons or 1
lime, for garnish
- In a large pot, combine chicken stock, orange juice, grapefruit juice, white wine, onion, carrots, kaffir lime leaves, garlic and lemon grass.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes.This is to reduce so the liquid has more flavor and to soften the veggies.
- Reduce heat to a very low simmer.
- Place the salmon (skin side down) in the poaching liquid until flaky and tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve as is garnished with fruit. Or chill place on a bed of greens garnished with fruit slices.