2 (10 ounce) boxes
frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
( or 2 Tbs dried)
( pressed or minced)
feta cheese, crumbled
salt, more to taste
zucchini, sliced on the diagonal
onions, peeled, sliced and separated into rings
olive oil flavored cooking spray or
1 (1 lb) box
roasted red peppers, patted dry and cut into long, thick strips
1 (14 ounce) jars
marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted and cut into slivers
packed fresh basil leaf, slivered
toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor puree together spinach, rosemary, onion, garlic, feta, milk, salt and pepper until smooth.
- If mixture is too dry to puree, add a bit more milk for correct consistency.
- Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, swirl 1 tsp olive oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Add wine and heat to a simmer.
- Sauté zucchini for 5 minutes, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Line a jelly roll pan or large deep dish pizza pan with foil, leaving ends of foil sticking up beyond edge of pan.
- Spray foil with olive oil spray or brush with oil.
- To form tart crust, lay down 1 sheet of phyllo and brush lightly or spray with olive oil.
- Crinkle down edges of phyllo that extend beyond pan.
- Lay down sheets of phyllo, spraying each with oil and crinkling down edges, until pan is covered and you've used all the phyllo.
- Smooth spinach puree mixture over phyllo crust.
- Arrange sautéed zucchini, onions, mushrooms, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes over spinach mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- If edges of crusts are browning too quickly, reduce oven temp to 325°F and bake 5 minutes longer.
- If crust is just beginning to turn golden, leave oven temperature at 375°F and bake 5 minutes more or until phyllo is golden and crisp and vegetables are warmed.
- Sprinkle tart with fresh basil and toasted pine nuts.
- Serve immediately.