( 1 1/2 c.)
old fashioned oats
unsalted butter, slightly softened
packed light brown sugar
eggs, beaten lightly
pure vanilla extract
( 1 1/3 c.)
( about 1 c.)
- Oven to 350 degrees F.
- (if baking right away).
- Line sheet pans with parchment.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then stir in the oats.
- Set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, then scrape down the bowl; add the honey and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions, beating each until well combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- At this point, you can either bake, or freeze.
- To freeze, just scrape the dough onto plastic wrap, roll into a log, wrap tightly, and freeze until ready to bake.
- Then just take them out of the freezer, let sit for about 15 minutes, then slice into 3/16" thick slices and bake as directed.
- To bake immediately: drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on parchment lined sheet pans.
- Bake until the centers of the cookies are soft and no longer look wet; about 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.