( found in the ethnic aisle)
pigeon peas, fresh or canned
long grain rice
- In a big pot heat up 2 tbsps oil on a low flame and put in the Sofrito and all the other ingredients except rice and water.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Then put the rice in and stir well.
- Next add the water, leave the pot uncovered, cook over medium heat and let the rice dry out.
- As soon as the rice is dry, turn the rice over,in the pot, put the cover back on and put on low flame for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes turn rice over again and serve.