sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casing and crumbled
( or hot)
sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced into thin strips
2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced or 1 teaspoon
fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup sweet sweet vermouth or 1/4 cup
( low or no-salt, please)
dried fusilli, cooked and drained
freshly grated parmesan cheese
- You will need a deep saute pan that can hold the sauce, and the pasta.
- Have all your ingredients ready to go before beginning to cook.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, until done.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Let cook about a minute, then add the sage, toss, and cook another minute.
- Add the Vermouth to the pan and toss with the other ingredients.
- Let reduce about half (about 2-3 minutes), then add the chicken stock.
- Toss and let this reduce about half (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the cream, then let this mixture reduce slightly.
- Taste, adjust for pepper and salt.
- Add the pasta and 1/2 of the cheese to the pan and toss to combine everything thoroughly.
- Serve with the remaining cheese.