cut corn, fresh or frozen
1 pinch cayenne or 1 pinch
red pepper flakes
fresh lime juice
red bell pepper
minced red onions
hot pepper sauce
chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, add corn, oil, water, cumin, and cayenne or red pepper flakes.
- Over medium heat, cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Uncover and continue to cook for a few minutes to evaporate the excess moisture.
- Set skillet aside to cool.
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Peel the avocado and chop into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the lime juice and stir.
- Chop the bell pepper into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add the red onion and cooked corn; stir to combine.
- Add salt and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve immediately or chill, then serve.