6 -8 cups
( add soda and let set while mixing other ingredients)
( i.e. vanilla, orange, lemon)
- Cream Crisco and sugar together.
- Add all other ingredients except flour.
- Slowly add flour until you can handle it enough to roll out on a floured surface (Dough can also be used for filled cookies).
- Cut dough with cookie cutters into fun shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Don't overcook.
- They will look pretty lightly colored when done.
- If they start to brown, you've cooked them too long and they won't be soft.