cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) packages
shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
( for frying)
- Remember to wear some disposable gloves when working with jalapeno peppers-- and don't touch your face!
- If you don't have any plastic gloves, I have slipped my hands into baggies to protect them from the oils that can really burn and sting for hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, and pepper jack cheese.
- In a pot of barely simmering water, blanch the pepper halves for 2 minutes, drain and dry thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into the jalapeno pepper halves.
- Put the milk and flour into two separate small bowls.
- Dip the stuffed jalapenos first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each.
- Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the jalapenos in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs.
- Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Deep fry the coated jalapenos 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown.
- Remove and let drain on a paper towel.