1 1/2 tablespoons
( Generally I will use 2 1/2 eggs)
- Melt butter and allow to cool completely (this is to insure that the warm butter doesn't begin to cook the eggs).
- Crack eggs into medium bowl and whisk until nice and thick.
- Add milk slowly.
- Then slowly whisk butter into egg/milk mixture.
- Sift Flour, Sugar and salt into a medium bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spray an 8-10 inch frying pan (whatever you have on hand!).
- Heat on medium heat (be sure not to OVER heat pan, otherwise the batter will cook to quickly-- not allowing you to cover the pan), and add around 1/4c of batter to pan and quickly turn pan side to side-- to side, allowing batter to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Batter should make a thin layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until top is no longer wet, and when the underside begins to brown.
- Do not attempt to turn; there is no need to.
- Remove from pan and spread your favorite jam or jelly on them.
- You can also make various desserts with these.
- The possibilities are endless!