large shrimp, peeled,tails left on,deveined,rinsed with cold water,drained
fresh garlic, crushed,peeled,minced
fresh lemon, juice of
chipped fresh chives, divided
1/2 teaspoon table salt or 1/2 teaspoon
kosher salt, to taste
paprika, for sprinkling
- Peel (leave tails on), devein and rinse shrimp with cold water.
- Drain well.
- Prepare garlic and set aside.
- Chop chives.
- Squeeze lemon.
- Combine chives with mustard (optional), lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add butter and melt.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry keeping them turned for 3 minutes or until just pink.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK OR SHRIMP WILL BE TOUGH AND TASTELESS!
- Add minced garlic during last minute of cooking.
- Remove from heat, add mustard (optional), lemon juice, chives, salt to taste.
- Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Divide and place in heated serving bowls.
- Serve with steamed white rice and a salad or steamed green vegetable, and garlic French Bread.
- *NITA'S TIP: Large shrimp are quicker and easier to prepare and worth the price!
- If you use extra large (jumbo) shrimp, you will need to cook them for about 4 minutes.
- **NITA'S TIP: You can use fresh basil or parsley and make the same recipe.
- Then you would have Basil Butter or Parsley Butter.