1 (5 1/4 ounce) packages
au gratin potato mix
( dry mix)
1 (15 ounce) cans
2 (10 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes and green chilies
( I use Rotel brand)
1 1/2 cups skim milk or 1 1/2 cups
2% low-fat milk
8 ounces fat free cream cheese or 8 ounces
( cut in pieces)
hot sauce, to taste
fresh parsley sprig, minced
- In large pot, combine au gratin potato mix, tomatoes, and water.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15-18 minutes until potatoes are done.
- Add cheese chunks and cook, stirring with a whisk, until the cheese melts.
- Add milk, corn, and hot sauce, stirring until soup is hot.
- Garnish with parsley.