2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup
2 1/4 cups
( 1 pound)
2 2/3 cups
walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 (13 ounce) packages
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 cookie pan with at least 3/4-inch sides.
- Melt butter in microwave, just to melting point.
- Stir in brown sugar with mixer; then eggs, one at a time, stirring in well between.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder; mix well.
- By hand, stir in nuts and gumdrops.
- Spread on cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- When almost cool, cut into 1x3-inch bars.