no stick cooking spray
light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups roasted peanuts or 1 1/2 cups cashews or 1 1/2 cups
1 teaspoon margarine or 1 teaspoon
- Spray cookie sheet and metal spatula with the cooking spray.
- In a 2-quart microwavable glass measuring cup or bowl stir sugar, corn syrup and salt with a wooden spoon until mixed.
- Microwave on High (100%) 7 to 8 minutes or until syrup is pale yellow.
- (CANDY SYRUP IS VERY HOT. HANDLE CAREFULLY; DO NOT TOUCH HOT MIXTURE.) Stir in nuts.
- Microwave 1 to 2 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned.
- Immediately stir in margarine, vanilla and baking soda until foamy.
- Quickly pour onto prepared cookie sheet; spread evenly with spatula.
- Cool; break into pieces.
- Store in tightly covered container.