garlic, crushed,peeled,finely minced
2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans
1/4 cup white wine (as Chardonney) or 1/4 cup clam juice or 1/4 cup
2 tablespoons dried parsley or 2 tablespoons
fresh parsley, finely chopped
parmesan cheese, grated
( dry weight)
- In a large pasta pot or Dutch oven, bring about 2 quarts boiling water to boil.
- Add table salt.
- Cook just long enough for pasta to be el dente.
- Consult pasta package.
- Drain in a colander when pasta is done.
- Then place over a little boiling water to keep it hot.
- In a heavy saute pan over low heat, melt butter.
- Add garlic and stir in until the garlic is soft but NOT browned about- 1 minute.
- Add flour and stir in well to make a roux, but DO NOT BROWN.
- Add wine and cook for about 1 minutes.
- Add clams, cover with a tightly fitting lid.
- Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat and add cream and parsley.
- Continue cooking until the liquid is reduced by about one fourth.
- Place piping hot linguine in warm indivual serving bowls.
- Divide sauce over linguine.
- Serve with grated fresh parmesan cheese and Italiah Herbs for sprinkling as desired at the table.
- Serve with a fresh salad and garlic and butter French Bread.