cooked grits, hot
( I use yellow grits)
1 1/2 cups egg substitute or 2 whole
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
( 1 cup)
crisp bacon, crumbled
( I use Oscar Meyer or Hormel real bacon bits)
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x12x2-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place hot grits in large bowl.
- Add butter and stir to mix and let butter melt.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour into casserole.
- Place casserole in oven; place pan of water on shelf below casserole.
- This helps keep carrerole from drying out.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle casserole with cheese and then bacon.
- Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes until just set in the middle.
- Serve hot.