sweet onion, thinly sliced
( such as spanish, vidalia or bermuda)
freshly grated nutmeg
chicken stock (as needed) or
( as needed)
- In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, stirring to coat with oil; reduce heat to low.
- Cook, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in raisins, sugar, cloves, cinnamon stick, pepper, ginger and nutmeg.
- Cook, covered, 30 to 40 minutes, until onion is tender, dark brown and juicy.
- In medium pot, cook couscous according to package instructions, using stock instead of water. For Vegetarian use only a vegetable based mushroom stock.
- Heap in serving dish.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Spoon some paneer over the top if you desire.