( about 3 pounds)
chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
- Cut up 1 lemon into 8 pieces and rub the outside of the chicken with the peel side of the pieces and then put the lemon pieces into the chicken with the garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour a mixture of half of the olive oil and half of the butter on top and pour the rest inside of the chicken.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours in a preheated oven of 325 degrees.
- Half and hour before chicken is done roasting pour the juice from the second freshly squeezed lemon over the top and sprinkle the chicken with the chopped parsley and return the chicken to the oven to finish roasting.