stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
garlic cloves, minced
1 (8 ounce) cans
( or 1 sprig fresh)
peeled carrot, cut in large pieces
1 (10 ounce) packages
cornstarch, mixed in
3 -5 drops
- In large Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat.
- Add meat; brown well.
- Add onion and garlic; saute until transparent.
- Add 4 cups water (slightly less if using pressure cooker) and tomato sauce.
- Add bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes and peas.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes on medium low or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn starch slurry if sauce is too watery.
- Bring stew to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Add Maggi seasoning and serve with crusty rolls.
- **Note-Time can be reduced if cooking in a pressure cooker.
- However, please check your pressure cooker instruction booklet for proper times.
- Each pressure cooker is different.
- Mine reduces time by 1/3.
- Some others reduce cooking time by 2/3.