1 (18 1/4 ounce) packages
yellow cake mix
packed light brown sugar
ripe bananas, mashed
( about 1 cup)
creme de banane
Banana Cream Cheese Frosting
cream cheese, at room temperature
butter, room temterture
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- lightly grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan, shake out excess flour.
- Place cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add mashed bananas, ONE CUP OF WATER, oil, eggs and if desired, liqueur.
- Blend with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute.
- Stop mixer and scrape down side of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan, place on center rack of oven.
- Bake until lightly browned, About 40 minutes, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean Remove from oven, cool on wire rack.
- FROSTING: Place cream cheese and butter in large mixing bowl.
- Blend with mixer on low until combined.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time, and blend on low speed until well mixed.
- Add flavoring and blend until fluffy.
- Use at once to frost cake.