butter-flavored cooking spray
ground red pepper
shredded coconut flakes
1 1/2 lbs
large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined,rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper and salt.
- In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approximately 30-45 seconds.
- Add lime juice to honey and stir.
- Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
- Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or other relatively flat dish.
- Take each shrimp and first dip it into cornstarch mixture then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
- Then place on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray and bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.