mild pork sausage
celery, small dice
1 (15 ounce) cans
3 (42 ounce) cans
reduced-sodium chicken broth
potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
( about 6 small potatoes or 4 medium)
- In large skillet, brown sausage until cooked through.
- Drain fat.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in soup pot.
- Add onion and celery, saute over medium heat while sausage is cooking.
- Add browned sausage to soup pot.
- Mix with onion and celery and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, saute for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, chicken broth, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir until smooth and well blended.
- Add potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Warm evaporated milk.
- Add to soup and mix through.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.