1 (3 lb)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
onion, sliced thinly
1 (8 ounce) packages
fresh mushrooms, sliced
dry red wine
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Sprinkle beef tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Place tenderloin in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushroom; saute 7 minutes.
- Add wine, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and hot sauce.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together beef broth and flour; stir into wine mixture.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove beef from oven, and top with sauce.
- Bake beef 18 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness, basting once.
- Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving sauce in pan.
- Let beef stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with sauce.