carrots, peeled & sliced
garlic cloves, minced, more to taste
1 (475 g) cans
1 head broccoli, chopped or 1 (14 ounce) packages
fresh green beans
( not frozen)
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach or 2 (9 ounce) packages
1 (11 ounce) cans
( red or green)
2 (475 g) cans kidney beans or 2 (475 g) cans
cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
chicken bouillon cubes
pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
( only if needed, as the chicken cubes are salty)
( as needed)
- I didn't measure the oregano, so you may need more or less to taste.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with oregano and pepper.
- Put everything in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots on the bottom and the chicken on the top.
- Add 2-3 cups of water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, cool, shred and return to pot.
- Stir to distribute chicken evenly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Add more water if too thick.
- Heat until very hot and serve with toast or crusty bread.