freshly grated parmesan cheese
fresh ground black pepper
minced flat leaf parsley
whole eggs, Beaten
10 slices thick slab bacon or 10 slices
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
- Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.
- With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!).
- Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
- Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes. Yummy!