organic green tomatoes
( that was roughly pureed in the food processor)
organic lemon, zest and meat chopped, seed and bitter pith discarded
bottled lemon juice
( yes the whole bean rough chopped)
piece ginger, minced finely
- Prepare jars and hot water bath.
- In a spice grinder place the chopped vanilla bean with ¼ cup of the sugar. Grind till fine and powdery.
- Place all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil being sure to stir often once it starts to thicken.
- The cooking can take 1 hour depending on how high your heat goes and the size of the pot. I use power plus burner being very watchful over it so it doesn`t burn. When it hits 215 degrees remove cinnamon sticks and discard. Place jam in to sterilized jars wipe rims clean and place warm lids on jars, adjust rings on. Place in hot water bath covered by 1-2 inches of water for 10 minutes. Remove and place on towel covered counter over night. Check lids for sealing. Label and store in pantry for up to 1 year.