sun-dried tomato packed in oil
2 1/4 cups
1 1/4 teaspoons
fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 1/4 cups
shredded provolone cheese
minced fresh parsley
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 T oil.
- Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour baking powder, sugar, basil, salt, baking soda and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, oil and reserved sun dried tomato oil.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cheese, parsley and sun dried tomatoes.
- Transfer to three greased 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.