1 1/2 lbs
light corn syrup
pure vanilla extract
- Cut rhubarb into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
- Stir sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; add rhubarb, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until rhubarb is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir in corn syrup and vanilla.
- Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator (I chilled overnight).
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Pack into freezer containers and store in freezer if not eating immediately. (Sorbet will stay frozen longer if stashed in freezer for a couple hours before consuming.).