1 1/2 lbs
onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
eggs, hardboiled and chopped
- Salt the salmon steaks and set them aside.
- Put half of the potatoes in the bottom of a heavy saucepan, cover with the sliced onion and top with the other half of potatoes. Cover the potatoes with boiling water and add one teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the pan to a boil, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Five minutes before the cooking time is done, lay the salmon steaks on top of the potatoes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the soup to a boil and cover. The fish will cook thru in 5 minutes. Stir in the chives.
- To make the butter sauce, melt the butter in a pan and stir in the vinegar and hardboiled chopped eggs.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the butter sauce.