5 (16 ounce)
fresh dill sprigs
( half moon sliced)
( peeled and 1-inch sliced circles)
- Prepare fresh Garden Vegetables.
- Wash & peel cucumbers and slice in 1" circles.
- Place cucumbers in a large bowl with cold water and lemon juice to prevent browning and to preserve the crispy bite to the vegetable.
- Wash carrots and trim edges, place in same lemon water.
- Wash & peel red onion, cut into half moon slices and set in lemon water.
- Peel 10 garlic cloves and set aside (these will cook in pickling mixture).
- Prepare the Pickling mixture.
- Pour the following ingredients in a large sauce pan/pot.
- Vinegar, coriander seed, celery seed, pepper, Kosher Salt, Sugar, and garlic cloves. Heat to a slow simmer stirring frequently until sugars and salt dissolve.
- Strain the pickling mixture to remove seeds, etc. Be sure to remove and keep Garlic cloves (these will be added to jars).
- Begin to fill 16oz mason jars. Add a sprig of fresh dill into each jar.
- Drain the lemon Juice from the vegetable bowl and begin to pack the mason jars with the cucumbers, carrots, onions and garlic.
- Once vegetables are packed tightly into all the jars pour the pickling mixture into each jar until well filled.
- Tightly Close each jar. Date and store in a cool dry place or in the refrigerator. Give it a week or more. The longer it pickles the better they taste.