( HEAPING tablespoons!)
( 1 stick)
vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs until light in color. Beat in the sugar until just combined. Add the cocoa, flour, melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix gently until well combined.
- Pour the batter into 4 large ramekins. Set the ramekins into a larger baking pan halfway full of water. I use a 9x13 glass pyrex pan and my 4-cup measuring cup full of water. It's easier to set the ramekins in the pan all off to one side, then put the pan in the oven, THEN pour the water in carefully in the empty spot not covered with ramekins.
- Bake until the upper crust is crispy and the rest of the batter is firm but not set, 40 to 50 minutes. If you pull it out of the oven and have second thoughts, stick it back in for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream or as we prefer, a scoop of good ol' vanilla ice cream. Best warm right from the oven, but easily re-warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute before topping with the ice cream.