( 3 oz each, skinless and bone-in)
1 1/2 teaspoons
chopped fresh ginger
pinch saffron thread
- Toast the walnuts in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes until fragrant. Let cool.
- Slice the onion thinly and mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the skillet and cook over medium heat about 6 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir in the broth, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the cumin and safftron.
- Return the chicken and any juices that have accumulated on the plate to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to 4 shallow bowls. Season the broth with salt and pepper and spoon it over the chicken in the bowls.
- Serve sprinkled with the toasted walnuts and chopped cilantro.