1 1/2 tablespoons
fresh dill, minced
1/4 cup chives or 1/4 cup
green onion top, chopped
- In a large, heavy skillet on medium heat, fry the bacon in batches until almost crisp. Set each batch on a plate covered in paper towels to drain off the excess fat. Place on a plate in the oven to stay warm.
- Pour off all but 1 Tbsp of the bacon fat from the skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, flour, salt and pepper until just blended. Slowly add the half-and-half until ingredients are well blended and frothy.
- Add the egg mixture, along with any optional ingredients, to the skillet. Reduce the heat to very low and slowly cook until the egg mixture has set to a firm custard consistency. (check the bottom often to make sure it is not burning, but don't stir the mixture) It should take about 20 mins to set.
- Top with the bacon slices and chives or green onions. Slice into wedges and serve.