1 1/2 lbs
caribbean jerk seasoning
garlic cloves, crushed
fresh ground black pepper
plantain, cooked, to serve
fresh chives, chopped, to garnish
- Slice the meat into thin strips, discarding any fat or gristle.
- Sprinkle the meat with pepper and spice seasoning and set aside to marinate in a cool place for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and sauté the meat for 4-5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan, fry gently for a few minutes, then add the sherry and water and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream.
- Reduce heat and adjust the seasoning. Stir in the meat and heat until hot but not boiling. Serve with plantain and garnish with chives.