1 1/2 cups
graham cracker crumbs
1 (8 ounce) packages
1 (14 ounce) cans
sweetened condensed milk
( I prefer Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice that you find bottled in many supermarkets, but h)
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter with your hands. Press the mixture firmly into a 9-inch pie pan, and bake until browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack to room temperature before filling. To speed this process, I sometimes refrigerate the crust for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Beat softened cream cheese in mixing bowl until creamy. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat to incorporate. Add egg yolks and beat well. Add lime juice and beat till combined.
- Pour mixture into cooled pie crust and spread with spatula until evenly distributed. Place on cookie sheet and then into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the filling begins to set.
- Remove from oven and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spread over the top of the pie using a spatula. Sprinkle the lime zest as a garnish on top of the sour cream and serve chilled.