eggs, room temperature
fast rising yeast
- Whisk together water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and set aside to proof for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift together flour and salt and sprinkle in thyme. Mix eggs into yeast mixture. Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix until a soft sticky dough forms.
- remove dough to a lightly floured surface and knead 5 minutes, until dough is no longer sticky.
- Place in a well oiled bowl, turning to coat all sides, cover and allow to rise until doubled in bulk 2 - 3 hours.
- Punch dough down and place into a well oiled 12" pizza pan.
- using your hands, move dough around the bottom of the pan and 2/3 the way up the sides.
- Set aside and let rise 10 minutes.
- Brush crust lightly with olive oil and add toppings.