cake flour, sifted
500 ml muesli or 500 ml granola cereal or 500 ml
275 ml butter or 275 ml
250 ml dried cranberries or 250 ml
30 ml golden syrup or 30 ml maple syrup or 30 ml
2 big apples or 2 big
bicarbonate of soda, dissolved in a little milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spray a few baking sheets with nonstick spray or smear with butter lightly.
- Mix the dry ingredients together: Sift the cake flour, salt and cinnamon and then stir in the oats, muesli and cranberries.
- Mix well.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, then add the golden syrup and vanilla and blend well.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients: grated apple, bicarbonate of soda (dissolved in milk) and mix with the dry.
- Mix well and knead the dough throughly.
- Shape into small palm sized balls and place on the pre-greased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork to create a pattern on the top and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow a few minutes for the cookies to cool on the baking sheets then transfer to wire racks to rest.
- Store in airtight containers.