1 1/2 cups
( a little more for rolling)
butter, room temp
- Whisk together cardamom and flour. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add egg and rosewater, beat to blend.
- On low speed, add dry ingredients. Your dough will be stiff.
- Cover and chill at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Roll level tablespoon size balls and place on silpat lined baking sheet about 1.5" apart. Using a fork or something else, flatten to .25" thickness.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake until firm but still pale, about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Time doe not include chill time.